THE VIRTUAL HERSHEY PA CROP HUNGER WALK
TAKING ACTION, CHANGING LIVES! So many lives are now changed because of COVID-19. So, for your health and the health of others we are VIRTUALLY WALKING this year.
Due to the continuing health crisis, the Hershey Hummelstown walk in 2020 will be a virtual, self-paced walk. Make a step goal for yourself and others, or commit to raising funds in support of Church World Service throughout your personal networks. Pray, meditate and prepare to serve the world who continues to struggle with hunger. Post pictures of your walk on social media to share your progress with the community!
Plan your 'Walk Day'
• Choose a specific time to walk with a few friends
• Select where to gather and walk: a parking lot, city park or neighborhood block.
• Abide by local, state and CDC guidelines for health and safety. (Please use distancing and masks as appropriate to encourage safe gathering!)
Register your team online
• Register at https://www.crophungerwalk.org/hersheypa/
• RSVP Here and share widely to get others to support you!
• Tell your story on your own personal page. Record and post your own video, sharing why you are involved and challenging others to join you by donating and raising funds.
• Share your video on social media, tag your friends and potential donors.
Make time for reflection, prayer and connection
• Pray or meditate each day leading up to the Walk for those who we serve together.
• On your Walk Day, open with a prayer for the vulnerable and set aside time for quiet reflection as a group.
Share photos and video from your Walk
• As you Walk, safely enjoy fellowship with your group as you join in solidarity with others near and far.
• Post pictures of you and your team on social media – and be sure to tag them with #VirtualCROPHungerWalk or #EndHungerNow.